The Community Housing Council of South Australia Inc., (CHCSA) is the ‘Peak Industry Body’ for housing providers. They include both Community Housing Providers, Volunteer Member-Tenant Managed Organisations and other not-for-profit housing providers in South Australia. The CHCSA is a member-driven community organisation in all aspects of its operations.
- Tier 1 Provider $1,000
- Tier 2 Provider $ 700
- Tier 3 Provider $ 400
- Associate Member $ 400
What benefits would you receive by renewing your membership or joining as a member of the CHCSA?
Members of the CHCSA are entitled:
- To have a vote, and a say, at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) as well as any Special General Meeting of the CHCSA, and to nominate for representative positions (where vacant) on the Board of Management and the Policy Committee. These are the highest decision making bodies of the CHCSA, which members will be eligible to participate on.
- Both Full and Associate members receive regular sector mail outs, newsletters and bulletins as produced, access to umbrella organisations, support and advocacy. CHCSA aims to keep all members informed and up-to-date with relevant and current developments in the community housing sector Australia wide.
- Participate in any CHCSA events including Sector Consultations and Policy Forums and be eligible for member subsidies and incentives where offered and as supported by current CHCSA Policy.
Members will also be entitled to an extensive range of services including:
- Access to the Fortnightly E-Bulletin which provides up to date and relevant information on community housing sector issues and upcoming events.
- Information, advice and support on all aspects of community housing.
- Opportunities to present sector views to all levels of government both state and national.
- Input into housing policy development and political lobbying.
- Opportunities to network with and learn from other community housing providers.
- Membership of and attendance at Board of Management, Policy Committee and Associations’ Forums.
- Policy research and development.
- Representation on relevant committees, working parties etc., both state and national.
- Access to services and equipment at Member rates i.e. photocopying, book binding, meeting room facilities etc.
- Access to services provided under CHCSA ‘umbrella’ memberships with Volunteering SA and Business SA.
Some of the CHCSA recent and current activities include:
- Is the auspicing body for the setting up of Common Equity Housing South Australia (CEHSA).
- CHCSA Executive Officer and sector members as South Australian representatives with the Community Housing Industry Association (CHIA).
- Development of a Business Planning Kit and Building Planning Tool for not-for-profit housing providers.
- Development of rebates and concessions manuals as part of the Rebates and Concessions Project.
- Representation on state and national boards, committees, sub-committees, councils, working parties etc
- Commissioned research projects
Download the membership application form. Remember to select your appropriate membership status, complete the form and attach your cheque.
Post the completed form and cheque to the CHCSA.