- On October 17, 2018
- In Jobs
Access 2 Place Housing is an independent, not for profit, leading provider of housing for people living with disability across the state, including metropolitan Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Port Pirie, Millicent, Mount Gambier, Whyalla and Murray Bridge.
Helping some of the State’s most vulnerable citizens, the focus of Access 2 Place is on the housing needs of the organisation’s current and future tenants, their inclusion in the community and supporting their right in making self-directed decisions about life choices.
We have a current requirement for an experienced and skilled Maintenance Officer (trade highly desirable) to provide an efficient maintenance service to our tenant’s homes (300 properties)
This is an exciting, newly created full time position that offers an attractive salary with great incentives, use of a newly purchased company van and flexibility in managing your daily work load.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, key elements of the role include:
- Perform various preventative and responsive maintenance to homes (relevant to skills and experience)
- Facilitate contractor onsite maintenance and contractor compliance
- Maintain up to date documentation, work orders, registers
- Oversee and facilitate cyclical maintenance on properties
To be considered for the role applicants will possess the following:
- Qualified electrician is highly desirable (other trades also considered)
- General understanding of asset maintenance / co-ordination
- Basic maintenance, plumbing, carpentry skills
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Computer literacy, with the ability to use various software and databases
- Excellent documentation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of Work Health and Safety guidelines
- A current drivers licence
- Working with heights, white card, test and tagging or similar certificates (desirable)
- DCSI clearance (we can arrange however the role is subject to successful clearance)
Working with individuals living with disability, their families and support teams, other important personal qualities include:
- Highly organised
- Sense of humour
In return we offer an attractive salary, fully serviced van available for private use, Not For Profit Salary Packaging benefits, phone, laptop, ability to start from home, a professional, supportive team and ongoing training opportunities.
Please address your application / resume along with a cover letter to;
Tania Noonan, Operations Manager
Access 2 Place Housing
To request a Position Description or to make further enquiries please call 08 8274 6300
Applications close Monday 5th November, 2018