- On December 20, 2017
- In Jobs
- Successful Not for Profit Community Housing Organisation
- Permanent, full time Senior role – Based in Adelaide’s CBD
- Competitive wages & salary sacrifice opportunities + 5 weeks annual leave
Unity Housing Company Ltd (Unity) is the largest single provider of low cost community housing in South Australia. We are a values based organisation and specialise in the provision of housing and accommodation for people on low income, who are ageing, living with a disability or experiencing homelessness in SA.
We are delighted to advertise this newly created role which will assist Unity to improve tenancy and social outcomes for our tenants. This management role will oversee a small team of staff responsible for the provision of tenant engagement, community development and related services as well as develop Unity’s commitment in this important strategic objective.
Essential candidate requirements:
The successful candidate is required to demonstrate experience in the following key criteria:
- Relevant professional qualifications combined with significant hands on management experience in community development and stakeholder engagement.
- Experienced leader with the proven ability to manage and coach staff through change and growth, ideally with formal qualifications in a relevant field and/or professional recognition.
- Experience working with and empathy for people with multiple and complex needs such as; housing instability, homelessness, mental health, disability, ageing and low income issues.
- Proven ability in grant capture and management of funding against plans.
- Prior Leadership and demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative evidence-based community programs with a commitment to Asset Based Community Development.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 5th January 2018 and must be submitted via Seek.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter which clearly addresses all 5 key criteria stated above
- Up to date resume
For a confidential chat about the role and responsibilities, please contact Trish Burden – Chief Operations Officer on (08) 8237 8790. For further information regarding application process please contact Human Resources via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful applicant will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Clearance, DCSI Vulnerable and Child related screening prior to commencement of employment.