- On April 3, 2018
- In Jobs
Team Leader, Income Management – Junction Australia
- Permanent Position
- Southern Suburbs
- Newly created Role
Junction Australia is a social enterprise providing a wide range of community support services and quality housing options to a number of urban and regional areas in South Australia.
Working from Junction Australia’s Marion office and reporting to the Group Leader – Tenant Services, you will be responsible for ensuring property tenancy income is held at acceptable levels. Working in conjunction with the Group Leader, you will develop, plan and initiate improvement processes to existing income management activities to ensure compliance with National Regulatory System for Community Housing Tier 1 requirements and other prescribed regulatory processes.
As team leader, you will also be responsible for the coordination and leadership of a high performing income management team.
More specifically, your key duties will include:
- Providing supervision and support to the Income Management team
- Proactively managing arrears and bad debts in line with Housing Services’ practices, ensuring all efforts are made to mitigate risk to the organisation
- Delivering effective income management practices which are focused on sustaining successful tenancies, ensuring compliance with legislative standards, funding requirements and organisation practices
- Ensuring strict compliance is adhered to, in relation to property rent review processes, changes to tenant charges and Breach of Tenancy matters, including relevant reporting to senior management as requested.
- Establishing and nurturing strong working relationships with key industry bodies including SACAT and other support agency stakeholders
Your success and that of the Income Management team, will be measureable through Key Performance Indicators including level of arrears, level of bad debts and rent reviews compliance.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have key experience either within the Community Housing or Property sectors or in managing your own residential tenancy portfolio, to be able to demonstrate an understanding of tenancy management principles.
You will also:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Business Administration, Property or relevant equivalent
- Have previous management experience
- Demonstrate great written and verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Have the ability to coordinate and prioritise your own workload as well as that of your team
- Exhibit proven experience in developing and implementing operational practices and procedures
An understanding of not-for-profit housing compliance, community development principles and experience using tenancy management software will be desirable. Junction Australia is a child safe organisation and all employees are required to complete a Criminal History Screening check and Working with Children Clearance.
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online using the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Belinda Mertin in our Adelaide office on 08 8223 8849. Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.