Volunteer Member-Tenant Managed Organisations

A Volunteer Member-Tenant Managed Organisation (also known as housing co-operatives) is a group of people with a common interest who work together to maintain and manage housing for its members. Members perform landlord roles (tenancy, rent, maintenance) and business roles (administration, bookkeeping).

Membership requires significant ongoing commitment, including attending monthly and other meetings and actively participating in the management of the organisation.

Registering your interest

Complete a Registration of interest in housing form which can be found on the Housing SA website ( This form (together with any other supporting documents required) is to then be returned to your nearest Housing SA office.

A list of volunteer member-tenant managed organisations can be found here